Artist: Ann Charlesworth


Ann Charlesworth

“ …art is not just a series of pretty objects; it is rather a way we have of articulating our interior life.” How we understand Art – Parsons, 2008.

"My work is about communication and dealing with intense buried emotions, after the death of my father as a child.  Art is my way of finally trying to deal with the emptiness, confusion and anger that has been allowed to build up over years; the engagement in the process and materials are all part of my emotional journey, encouraging dialogue and introspection. 
Art as a significant and relevant vehicle for communication, metonymy and catharsis is my main enquiry and therefore is my most salient theme and my final degree pieces act as a microcosm of this belief.

The pieces that I have created also perform on a different level as the viewer gets drawn into the complex, ambiguous, abstract patterns that are formed as part of my process."




Ann's work on display at Free for All. 

No comments:

Post a Comment